Friday, October 30, 2009

progress!

Yeah.. again, busy busy busy!


However, we've had some interesting progress in the last couple of days, starting last Wednesday.

Alexander took his first step, without holding on to anything!
Then he fell down on his butt and laughed and clapped. I was so proud I could burst. He got up again soon enough and tried to take a step again in which he succeeded to do, then he stood there giggling, utterly proud of himself and clapping and then falling down on his butt from losing his balance.

So very proud. The very second day he tried to make two steps. His best right now (friday) is 3 steps and standing up and catching himself from falling.
He's taken alot of tumbling and falls, even bumped himself on the head in the crib, on the bars, however, he's very determined to do this and he seem to have alot of fun as well.

Khaled came after three days, like I predicted! So.. *coughs* TOLD YOU SO.
He's getting us a new bed for christmas and birthday present (both mine and Anthony's birthday and christmas) which is very appriciated seeing how our current one is shit and breaking as we speak (I think I can hear the springs popping out and through the fabric holding it barely together.).
Khaled and Amina came to stay the night from thursday to friday. We ended up playing Monopoly (world edition) at the later part of the night.. the game lasted what felt like forever, but I think it was 3 hours at most. For once I wasn't the first one to get killed off and I did fairly well.. even though a bit enhanced later on for the sake of laughter.
It was alot of fun, very relaxed and I would love to do it again soon. I actually enjoy playing board games alot, believe it or not.
It was interesting, Anthony and Khaled was out getting sodas at Anthony's office, me and Amina was left sitting there just semi-watching stuff on tv and she started a conversation with me. This was happiness to me, I'm usually the one to start any kind of conversation with her, she tends to be a little reserved around me (or people in general.). I feel she's feeling a bit more relaxed around me, this makes me very happy, I want to be the best big sister I can be for her.


Vaccination shots postponed up until this upcoming monday, 1.45 pm.

Some minor family drama during the afternoon today, like an ex-wife who thinks she can do whatever without respecting our requests and schedules.
Very annoying. Without going into it too much right now as I'm not feeling too hot. I think it might be due to some stress, lack of sleep and just general exhaustion right now.

I think I might be a professional at stressing myself sick, just a thought.

For those who care, I updated the /Alexander picture folder with some new pictures of the 12 months old big boy. There's been less and less pictures lately, I've noticed.. I really wanted to try to get a picture of him trying to walk but it's hard, the camera is too loud for me to sneak one and every time he hears it, he turns around, sits down and starts posing with a smile.
Yeah yeah, show off.

Kids are here now for the first time for 2-3 weeks. No idea, lost count. Of course they were full and high on sugar when they got here, forgot that I told them to keep it down (Alexander was napping) 3 seconds after I told them.
Again, the ex-wife caused quite some annoyance with their Halloween costumes (or possibly lack of and then too much). Their facial make up was raw (not mixed out with water/oil) so we had to literally SCRUB it off, giving all three baths and scrub more.. and guess what, there are still left overs. Really cheap costumes (I can forgive that, though she has a shit ton of money from scamming the goverment and demanding child support with back pay.). But the facial make up.. god I could choke a bitch.
Especially around the girls make up. Her hair .. it doesn't even feel natural anymore, not even after a bath and a shampoo rinse. When she got here it was stiff and very dry, think both mousse and hair spray and atleast 5 minutes of both treatments... Oh and the cherry on the top was all the facial glitter.. in her eyes, on her entire body (she was wearing a costume and full attire of clothes over it. Why the FUCK? would she need glitter all over her body?) and worst of all, the bottom of her hair and on her skull. WTF? Not everything would wash away either and brushing through her hair.. I felt bad because I had to pull and tear, otherwise the hairbrush would get stuck. She was supposed to be an angel.. or fairy, or angel fairy, I couldn't tell with the cheap nylon wings. She was dressed in white and had a very badly made halo anyhow.
The boys were dressed as spider-man. Yes. Both of them. Spider-man normal and spider-man black costume (symbiot for the comic readers). Of course since she knows just about everything about spider-man and what he looks like, the boys had the facial make up of not spider-man, but rather paint all over their face and then something that I guess was supposed to resemble cobweb (spindelnat). Not resembling spider-man at all. As a matter of fact, the only thing spider-man about it was the cheaply made store bought costumes.
After much scrubbing and scrubbing.. one boy who was wearing the black costume and black face has black lines around his face and on the bottom of his hair, around his eyes and ears and in his nose. Needless to say, not pretty.
The other boy wearing the red costume and red face looks like he's been to Sahara desert for 6 hours, unprotected from the sun and then gotten beat up by someone strong. Think really red sunburn that won't come off.
Why she felt to rub raw facial make up on their eyelids .. is beyond me, but she did.

Anyway, like I said earlier (I think) I don't feel so awesome so I'm going to go and sit down and nto do anything for a bit, thus this entry stops.... here.

No comments:

Post a Comment