Cont. from last post.
Sunday came along, the morning was pretty calm, we woke up in a good time, had enough time to have breakfast, play quietly for a bit (well, as quiet as the twins and the girl can be, which is not much.) Alexander didn't have the chance for a morning nap as we had a carriage (My younger sister-in-law and her car) waiting for us to take us to Warsaw (Missouri) to see the kids "Nana" (fammo/farmor).
The ride down was very enjoyable, me and my sister in law made small talk while girl A and Alexander, sitting in the backseat were playing happily with each other. Unfortunately, I think this was the most relaxing I had that day.
When we got there, to my mother in law's place, oh god.. it was like everything the kids ever known about etiquette, respecting others and their stuff, keeping their voices down, thinking before speaking etc. EVERYTHING was blown away into non-existence. Worse than the previous day.
What the hell happen? were they still high on sugar from previous day and it had been made worse over the night? what the HELL?!
They were running wild and could not be held down, nor did they listen. It was chaotic and very muchly headache inducing.
Their nana/Fammo had gifts out for them, to celebrate the yesterday's birthday, which made it worse, paper, bags, plastic wrappings ALL over the place, noises, screaming etc. Rude comments and bad attitude. WTF?
Alexander was a little nervous around his fammo, as soon as she took him he started crying and started reaching for me for dear life, clinging onto me hard, almost choking me in the process. She was then not allowed to look at him for the reminder of the upcoming 2-3 hours, god forbid if she saw him eat her food!
But after a little while he warmed up and let her feed him, putting pieces of chicken in his mouth which he ate like a big boy. Did I mention that he didn't have any kind of baby food during that visit? I did not? Well he didn't! He ate human food! and human food only! Coupled with a cup of milk. Rotisserie (grillad) chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus and some salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber etc). He ate it all! I was such a proud mama. :D
Eventually I got to eat a little bit, myself. My beloved husband managed to put together a plate for me while I fed our son, of course, when he was done and I was supposed to eat he didn't want me to eat. He wanted me to pick him up and hold him forever so no one could look at him or possibly pick him up and hold him, no one that wasn't either me or Anthony.
So yeah, that wasn't fun. A whiny clingy baby clinging and pulling at your pants while you're standing up, trying to eat.
The kids kept going while and at one point we felt we had enough and had to pull back home. We had come to a point where the kids wouldn't listen at all and would keep getting themselves in trouble.
We decided to stop by my grandparents-in-law's place before going home. Just for a couple of seconds..
...
This is a little harder to write.
My grandmother-in-law, earlier this summer started to become very ill, she's a very old woman who's been through a fairly rich and hard life, 11 children, house wife etc. Earlier this summer her body is starting to shut down, piece by piece, she's been clinically dead a couple of times and put on IV's with various drugs and whatnot. So the situation with her is not ideal.
When I got to know her she was fairly good and healthy'ish for her age and problems (diabetes and regular old age problems), this was 2 years ago, we made a connection and bond with each other. I like her alot, needless to say. She's knitted and crocheted countless things and blankets for us and Alexander. She LOVES Alexander.
When we got inside their house, in their dark livingroom, is a hospital bed (just like the one I was in when I had Alexander, a little bit more stripped down though), sitting on a chair close to the bed and by a desk was a live-in-nurse, to make sure the drugs she had to have were in order, an IV into my grandmother-in-law who was laying, sleeping in the hospital bed.
She had noticeably lost a lot of weight. Her once round face was very thin now and she seemed like she was heavily drugged and deep in sleep.
Her system is shutting down and there's nothing no one can do other than making it comfortable for her. So yeah.. it was definitely tough watching her like that.
We made sure to greet my grandfather-in-law, see that he was okay, he's suffering as well, his wife laying there, dying. :\
No one lives forever, but it's still tough.
We've been preparing for this for months but I don't think we can ever be truly prepared for it.
The only thing I can hope for is for it to be painless and calm.
Alot of people are going to take it hard after it's done, she was very muchly the matriarch of this family.
We got home and the kids got punished for their bad behaviors both at nana's and at our grandparents place.
The evening went on calmly and now it's monday.
The kids are back with their idiot of a mother (who can't raise them for shit nor cares to do so) and me and Alexander are just about done with breakfast, I'm writing this blog while he's supposed to take his first nap.
Life huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment