Weekend came and went, kids were here, coughing, wheezing and sneezing.. as usual and had their baby brother join the club with coughing without covering their mouths and kissing on him.
in short.
Alexander is sick, very sick. Somewhat high fever (not high enough for hospital, but high enough that he only wants to sleep and whimpers in his sleep. ), a runny green/yellow nose and consistent coughing.
The first day of not feeling too well before the fever really broke out, we were out sitting in the livingroom, I suspected him not feeling too well since he didn't feel like playing at all and decided to cuddling up with blankets instead.
This is my poor sick boy, not feeling well at all..
This morning he threw up all of his bottled cereal (valling) and wasn't feeling good at all. I'm trying to keep him hydrated (ger honom vatska/vatten/mjolk/etc) and well rested, but if the situation is still the same tomorrow or gets worse in a couple of hours, you bet your ass we will go to the hospital.
This is problematic. It seems that pretty much every time, or every other time the kids visit and have some kind of illness, it goes directly to Alexander (used to be me all the time but I'm not catching it as easily now days as before) who in turn gets sick.
It gives me conflicts on the inside..
Anthony (my husband) should be able to see his other kids alot, every weekend if possible, as much as possible to have a good bond and relationship with them.
However, when they do come every weekend, sick and contagious, ever single time which in turn is pawed off on us.
I don't want that.
I mean, I like them (love when they're not little hellions) alot, but I don't want them here if they are going to be sick every time and we get it in turn.. every time. I have a little guy to protect and Anthony is a working man, he can't stay away from his job for long every year, especially not if he gets pawed off a sickness every weekend.
It's not their fault per say. They are not being taken care of well, if they were they wouldn't be sick as often as they are, but they are the ones suffering (other than us) from it, especially if they're not allowed to come here as often as they should.
It's utterly utterly frustrating.
They need to be here, but in short, I don't want them here if they even have a small persistent cough, mainly because I know where and what it leads to.
It just pisses me off so bad.
Story of the blanket Alexander got in his mouth.
When Alexander was a baby baby and a new born his paternal grandmother (farmor) gave him this blanket. I don't remember the exact moment, could it have been in the hospital after I gave birth to him? I don't remember! ugh, I feel bad now.
He's had a on and off relationship with that blanket since he's been growing up to be such a big boy, however, in the last couple of months he's only had that blanket as a sleeping blanket, sleeping with other blankets have been difficult, it worked after awhile but difficult.
This fussy white blanket has now become THE comfort blanket.
When he's sad, tired or feeling sick, this is the blanket to snuggle. He'll put it in his mouth and fall asleep that way, holding it in his mouth.
Even though I feel sad seeing him in this state, it's still very adorably cute seeing him with his blanket, in his mouth. It's truly HIS comfort blanket.
Though whenever he gets better, I better give the blanket a washing. It's wet from saliva and full of dried and wet snot right now.
Also, I hate feeling nauseas from laughing, during the evening.
(weird message huh?)
No comments:
Post a Comment