Friday, November 20, 2009

oh no!

Well.. we've come to THIS.

Oh god.

Our son is 13 months today and we already have to get him a toddler bed. Next step after crib.

Last night, celebrating my husband coming home, we were snuggling in bed and we hear some suspicious noises from the crib along with a giggling little boy to follow, we look over and see how he's climbed up against one of the corners of the crib and trying to climb up further! ARGH!! Panic setting in.
Can't leave him alone in the crib any longer if he's going to climb it.
So a toddler bed it is!
It feels too early but what choices do we have? Put a lid on the crib and have him locked in like an inmate in prison?

So before potty training we get to toddler bed train instead, having him try to stay in bed when it's sleep time.
Wake up in the middle of the night with someone playing on the floor unsupervised? Oh noes. I'm not ready! I think anyhow.

Alexander's made fantastic improvement with talking, he's sucking up words like a sponge and trying to pronounce them as well catching on what comes next in social situations.
This morning, after having his usual morning cereal, he burped which he promptly said "guse me", which is a short version of "excuse me". Very proud mother.


Did I mention it's really nice to have Anthony back home again?
It is.
I missed him alot and I feel a whole lot less paranoid about noises around the house again.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment