So far it's been a-okay. Hopefully this year will be better than the previous one.
Kudos to Britnay Murphey who decided to join the army of dead celebrities before the new year.
Let's see, how was our Christmas, birthday and new years? Weeeeell.. I don't really feel like typing a long entry so I'm going to summarize things the best I can.
Before Christmas we ended up cutting Alexander's hair and attending a office Christmas lunch together. It was fun, on both ends.
Christmas Day (We didn't celebrate eve this year as it's not amerrrrikuhn):
It started off .. stressy, things had to be cooked and a apartment had to be cleaned! All at once while keeping an eye on the walking anti-cleaner tornado, Alexander.
However, we did actually start off the morning by giving him a Christmas gift as fit in american culture and Christmas celebration.
He finally got his driving and talking Chuck the Truck he once saw on tv and got completely sucked into it and mesmerized. He LOVED it. He still do, every once in awhile when he's not busy tearing the apartment up (he's up to a lot of no good now days and there's a 50/50% that he will listen to "No!")
Later on when we were about and almost finished with the cooking and done with the cleaning, more guests showed up: Rob (he brought dessert! A cookie and cream pie) and the kids. Having Alexander entertained by his siblings helped a million to finish things up in time... however, I ended up forgetting to boil some potato to the meal so it was kind of poor in that carb area.
We all got to sit down and eat relaxed and relieved it was all done and done with.
.. Till the damn pager started going off (Rob had it but is still a n00b in this area and needs Anthony's help) around 6 PM. This time it wasn't a small problem either, since it was basically a snow storm going on outside, everything in a certain area went down and was uncontactable, which is usually a no-no. Both Anthony and Rob had to head out and didn't get finished until around 9-10 pm that night.
During the time I was quietely cursing and hating the pager for ruining a perfectly good christmas evening while trying to entertain all the kids till bed time.
When Anthony finally came home, all the kids were sleeping and we ended up eating some dessert together before going to bed.
In before my birthday:
Brandi and Price came by and handed out christmas gifts to all the kids, Alexander got a big box of big lego blocks, he LOVES them too. He's a pretty loving guy when it comes to anything it seems. ;p
Something that Alexander ate didn't agree with him and he got sick in the middle of the night and started puking, atleast on 5 different times we had to change his bed sheets along with his own clothes, poor guy didn't end up going to bed until around 5 am.
My Birthday:
In total, I got 6 hours of sleep before Anthony came into the bedroom, asked me to take care of Alexander so he could sleep since he had been up the night prior to my birthday (it actually made me angry) taking care of our SLEEPING son.
It was a pretty frustrating day until Brandi and Price came to pick us up and drove us to Columbia where we went to Olive Garden.
We all ordered different things. I ordered the shrimp risotto, Anthony some marsala beef dish, Brandi had a Chicken Alfredo and Price had a kebab (meat grilled on a stick over here instead of what us swedes are used to whenever we hear that word) with veggies. The service was pretty bad, our waitress kept putting food within a hands distance reach front of Alexander, was slow on serving us drinks and food (there was alot of people there but c'mon, common sense around a baby?)
I made it through one third of my dish, I believe before feeling slightly nauseas, but I thought I was just full from earlier when we had a bit of left over pizza for lunch.
I started to feel really nauseous on our way back from Columbia in the car but thought nothing of it, some natural causes could be the reason of that... little did I know what kind of night and morning after that was awaiting us.
The night I was feeling horrible, nauseous and dizzy. The morning after I made it just in time to the bathroom to go number 2 in two different directions, almost at the same time.
I wasn't the only one, Brandi wasn't feeling to well either and later that night Anthony threw up quite a bit. The only one who made it out fine was Price.
The only things we all had in common was the salad (they had put way too much vinegar in it), the breadsticks and the round plates we had our food on (except for price who had a oval shaped one).
Food poisoning sucks. Sucks so bad.
I'm most likely never wanting to go to a Olive Garden ever again. However, my complaining and filing a complain did bear fruit. They paid back the money Brandi paid for the food and we got an apology both in writing and on the phone.
That's something Sweden (that's how I feel anyhow) do not have. Good customer service.
The days before new years were filled with sick and not feeling well at all because of previous experience.
New Years eve:
Anthony got his last check for the year in and we didn't have much time or actual feel to plan anything extravagant for us to eat and celebrate, plus previous christmas pretty much raped us financially so .. no.
I got some ice cream (cookies and cream) and Anthony got some chips and dip to go with and we celebrated new years infront of the tv, cuddled up together.
As for what we have done so far this year?
Alexander have taught himself to throw temper tantrums (utbrott) Yay! He screams and roars, he'll throw himself on the floor and make a scene. Fun for all of the family.
Anthony redecorated our bedroom and moved furniture around, it's a bit different and I'm still trying to get used to it.
As for myself, I've been trying to keep up with my son and general apartment stuff. I've been very tired and not feeling like doing anything lately, so I haven't ended up doing any special updates.
As for tired, it's been even worse lately, Alexander wakes up crying in the middle of the night for no good reason at all and won't stop unless I get out of bed and comfort him, myself.
So I'm getting very little sleep lately, thus I'm mostly zombie during the weekdays.
I don't think I forgot anything...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment